Monday, March 9, 2015

The Sands of Time–Episode 4

Friendly Fire!

In this episode I begin by trying to recap the story so far. Because I’ve been trying to focus on playing the game while also having interesting things to say (the success of which I will leave open to your interpretation), many of the story beats have eluded me. As I discuss in the video I also think this is potentially due to the era in which the game was released. This was a generation where gameplay instruction and story were not conveyed solely via printed manual or in game methods such as cut scenes and on-screen text, but rather a combination of the two. In today’s gaming landscape we’ve grown accustomed to just jumping in the game and being properly informed of those things throughout the experience.

We also find a new weapon that grants passage through a new type of barrier, encounter more enemies to combat, puzzles to solve, and Farah actually shoots me in the back! She acts like it was an accident, but we did destroy her home, steal all the valuables, and planned to make her a servant of some kind before it all went pear-shaped. Can’t really blame here, I guess. Enjoy the episode!


Play nice, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment