Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Love Video Games – Part 1

It’s February again already?! I am really not attacking this whole blogging thing with any kind of regularity at all, am I? So much has happened, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and my beloved Philadelphia Eagles making a fleeing exit from this year’s post season.

I mentioned in my last post that I had just reached the wise old age of 30 (almost six months ago… ugh) and I have since had the opportunity to apply a portion of new found wisdom to my daily life. For example, Hamburger Helper. I have eaten Hamburger Helper countless times over the course of my life thus far, preparing it myself for probably half of that time. Whenever I would make Hamburger Helper, I would place all of the ingredients into the skillet in the order they appear in the directions found on the box. My task was then to thoroughly blend the ingredients together without making a mess of the stove, which is tricky as my skillet nearly runneth over. After three decades of this battle, the light bulb finally went off. Stir the water and sauce mix in a separate bowl first! It’s so simple!

It’s not all sunshine and rainbows, however. Forever gone are the days when each bite is taken with anticipation, wondering if this is the bite containing a concentrated pocket of unmixed flavoring, hidden in the curve of a noodle. Oh well, I guess even wisdom has a price. Moving on. 

Video Games


The first thing you should learn about me, relative to my video game habit, is that I rarely play new releases. This is of course inversely proportional to the frequency at which I buy new releases. You can easily imagine more than one dilemma resulting from this situation. If you can’t… then you’re not trying… or you have a brain cloud… just like Tom Hanks in Joe Versus the Volcano. Did you see it? It was great! Why is it that whenever anyone brings up one of the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movies, nobody mentions Joe Versus the Volcano? I suppose I can understand, I mean, they starred together in like 3 dozen movies after all. Of course, I had very little appreciation for it the first time. I saw it in the theater as a kid and most of the movie went right over my head, and I don’t think I even noticed that Meg Ryan played like three different characters. If you haven’t seen it, watch it. If you have seen it, it might be time for a refresher.

Hmmm… well this took an unexpected turn. Totally lost my train of thought. We should probably take a Mountain Dew break. I want everybody to regroup here in five, without the brain cloud.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on Joe Versus The Volcano, that's always been one of my favourite movies.

    ReplyDelete